THE DAVID AND LYNN ANGELL COLLEGE COMEDY FELLOWSHIP
In 2003, HUMANITAS created The David and Lynn Angell College Comedy Fellowship in honor of David and Lynn Angell, who were aboard Flight #11 when it crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. David was a writer on the staff of Cheers and co-creator of Wings and Frasier; his wife Lynn supported him during the early years of his career in her work as a librarian. Together, the Angells focused their philanthropic efforts on the ideal that all people are entitled to develop to their fullest potential.
The David and Lynn Angell College Comedy Fellowship was created to recognize and financially reward young writers. In doing so, we hope it encourages them to create works that enrich the lives of others through comedy that entertains with humor and captures the human spirit.
Submission period: May 7, 2018 - June 8, 2018
Announcement of semi-finalists: September 2018
Announcement of finalists: January 2019
Annual awards event: February 2019
- 30-minute (22 to 38 pages)
- 60-minute (44 to 60 pages)
- 90-minute (75 to 90 pages)
- Feature Film (105 to 120 pages)
- New Media (submissions must include 3 scripts–5 to 12 pages each)
Please submit original scripts only.
Spec episodes of existing shows will no longer be accepted. We are looking for original scripts for either film or TV that showcase each writer's voice and point of view as an individual.
- Plays and short stories are not accepted.
- Submitted scripts must be original work.
- Students may be contacted for interviews as part of the selection process.
- Name, email address and phone number
- Brief synopsis of script (.pdf)
- Script (.pdf)
There is a $25 application fee to submit for the college fellowship. Students will submit payment with their application.