THE CAROL MENDELSOHN COLLEGE DRAMA FELLOWSHIP
HUMANITAS created The Carol Mendelsohn College Drama Fellowship in 2017 thanks to a generous endowment from acclaimed television writer and producer Carol Mendelsohn, best known for her work on the crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which was once ranked as the top-watched TV show in the world.
The Carol Mendelsohn College Drama Fellowship exists to recognize and reward the talents of young writers with financial support to empower them to tell meaningful stories.
Submission period: May 7, 2018 - June 8, 2018
Announcement of semi-finalists: September 2018
Announcement of finalists: January 2019
Annual awards event: February 2019
- 30-minute (22 to 38 pages)
- 60-minute (44 to 60 pages)
- 90-minute (75 to 90 pages)
- Feature Film (105 to 120 pages)
- New Media (submissions must include 3 scripts–5 to 12 pages each)
Please submit original scripts only.
- Spec episodes of existing shows will no longer be accepted. We are looking for original scripts for either film or TV that showcase each writer's voice and point of view as an individual.
- Plays and short stories are not accepted.
- Submitted scripts must be original work.
- Students may be contacted for interviews as part of the selection process.
- Name, email address and phone number
- Brief synopsis of script (.pdf)
- Script (.pdf)
There is a $25 application fee to submit for the college fellowship. Students will submit payment with their application.